Thursday 10 December 2020

Not counting any chickens

 It's hard to remain optimistic about this trip, given the ups and downs we're experiencing at the moment. One minute we're in lockdown and it looks like we are beating the virus, next we're out of lockdown and people are rushing to rub shoulders down the pub or save a tenner on a meal out. As a result, we end up back in lockdown and with more cases of the virus reported and more and more people dying. But there's hope, the vaccine is now being rolled out. Hooray, before we know it, we'll all be back to normal and able to travel again, or will we? Today, I've seen reports that are saying us Brits won't be able to travel to the EU come 1st January. Apparently the EU has a small list of  non EU countries from which you can travel into the EU under Covid, and the UK won't be on it once it leaves the EU! Brilliant. Hopefully that will have changed in 5 months though and this tour can, finally, get under way.

Some good news I can impart is, that the non refundable attraction I had booked, has allowed me to re-date, so today I was able to select a tour on the planned visit date in June. I wonder how many years it would let me keep re-dating for?   

There's still stuff to re-book. I've not yet done the Eurotunnel bookings, nor any of the other attractions that I had booked. I expect to get the tunnel crossing sorted soon but the other stuff can wait till new year. Not much else to report, so I'll just wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment