Thursday 1 June 2023

A familiar pair of boots

 As mentioned back in March, one thing I needed to do before we left these shores, was to get the tyres swapped on Ginny. I had a set put on when we did the 3 Nations Tour but only did 1,900 miles on them, before I put new rubber on for the Italy trip, last year. With so little wear, I decided to keep them by and get them put back on, when the Italy set wore out. So, with 6,000 odd miles on those and almost nil chance of them lasting this tour, I had the 3 Nations set put back on today. They should easily see me through the next month away and hopefully a bit beyond that too. For Ginny, it's like us getting a forgotten pair of shoes out of the wardrobe and starting to wear them again but never fear, she'll get a new set before the year is out, I'm sure.

In prep for the off, it's now only 18 days away, I have downloaded all the routes to Tomtom. In fact, I've done it twice, as I noticed when checking they worked, that on one day Tomtom was taking a totally different route from the planner! It's not a new problem, I'd just forgotten that to ensure you go the way you actually plan, you have to make sure you have sufficient waypoints on the route, to make sure Tomtom doesn't just do her own thing. That, even when the planner is set to use Tomtom maps. It's very annoying. Anyway, that meant I went back through all the routes, adding waypoints and then reloading them into Tomtom. I'm fairly confident now, we shall actually go the way I have planned.

I've started ticking off a few things on my packing list and all my paperwork, tickets, hotel docs, etc, are printed. I've not quite finished the itinerary yet but that's not far away and when complete Grizzly and Catherine will be getting a copy. Other than that and aside from the physical packing, I'm pretty much ready to rock and roll. Next post will probably be just before we set off.

Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment