Friday 2 December 2022

Welcome Back

 April was the last time I posted to this blog. I don't expect you to remember but in that, you will see I said I would start to re-plan. Well, that didn't happen and only after 7 months have I been able to dedicate enough time to it. The tour will start on 20th June and finish on 19th July. Lorenzo Bertuccio, note; we shall be staying in Sermione 12th July.

I have now completed the first phase, booking the accommodation. I still had the list of hotels I booked the last time, so that was a good starting point, however, either some have closed, changed their name or in most cases, were not showing as available, so I've been forced to use alternatives. One thing that has been blatantly apparent in booking those I'd previously booked 3 or 2 years ago, is that the prices have shot up, so in some cases, that has also been a deciding factor in me choosing somewhere else to stay.

In that last post, I also said I had cut down a day by skipping an overnighter in Bratislava. I'm not sure how I intended to do that now, the upshot being, we are staying overnight in Bratislava once more. I have though, managed to cut a day out, that being the overnighter in Split. The reason for that, was purely cost. Unlike before, I just could not find anywhere available at a reasonable price for 1 night. We'll still be taking in the sights of Croatia, just not that far south anymore.

The next step will be to re-evaluate the routes and make sure the fuel stops previously identified are still valid. After that, I'll be looking at channel and Croatian ferry crossings, following that with the sightseeing ticket bookings. As I've mentioned previously, I still have a Polish attraction booking, that I have been rolling over for the last 2 years. That will need a re-date in a few weeks and maybe one more, before we actually make the trip.

I think that's all for now and brings you up to speed. Don't forget to sign up for email updates, if you haven't already and keep up with all the latest updates.






No comments:

Post a Comment