Thursday 11 June 2020

Day 2 already

Yes folks, today would have been Day 2 of the tour. Grizzly would have left home on Monday and arrived at my place Tuesday. Yesterday, would have seen us travelling across France, Belgium and Germany, for an overnight stop near Gelsenkirchen. Today we'd be heading for a place called Osterode on the edge of the Harz mountains. I never even knew there was such a thing. Along the way we'd be stopping at a couple of fairly large and important historic sites. Hey ho, we'll just have to wait another year.

As mentioned previously, I managed to cancel all the hotels and having contacted all the attractions I had booked, I'm pleased to say that all but one were very understanding. I received one refund out of the two I had paid for up front, the second being non-refundable if booked online, not apparently, even in exceptional circumstances. It does, however, let you re-date free of charge, though I'm pretty sure it won't let me carry over till June 2021. I'm now booked for 30th October. The attraction is in Poland, so the cost isn't massive, about £36. More than losing the money, I'm just a bit disappointed that under the circumstances, they couldn't override the system and stick the booking out till next year. Eurotunnel did exactly that and that was a far larger hit to the pocket. I'll see what happens come the end of October, which is when you can expect the next update I expect, unless I get some things re-booked before then of course.

Stay safe all and enjoy the summer, as best you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment