Tuesday 7 April 2020

Corona 3

This probably seems insignificant with thousands of people dying around the world but I guess life has to go on, even if at the moment, that is as far away from normal as we could have imagined. The weather has perked up, Ginny has been washed but we're not allowed to throw a leg over, so she sits in the garage on trickle charge, waiting.

Dick (a.k.a. Grizzly) has already decided to cancel his travelodge and ferry crossing. Just as well he opted for the more expensive but flexible bookings, so he can get a refund. We're not so lucky with Eurotunnel though. Their flexible rates are frankly ridiculous, so we never go with those. The standard fares are not refundable but you are allowed to change the dates and without cost, assuming prices on the new dates are the same. Given these are exceptional circumstances, I wrote and asked if there would be any chance of extending the period in which you can change dates, i.e. 12 months from date of booking but I got a standard answer, with no regard for the situation we are currently experiencing. I wasn't asking for a refund, just for an extension of the change period, up to 12 months from the original booked date of travel. I did explain that it was unlikely I could re-arrange 30 hotels, etc, for the autumn, even if we are out of travel restrictions. But, as I say, standard response. Dick and I might have to look at a short trip over to France or something, so's we don't lose the cash or even transfer one booking to my bro'. All assuming things are back to near normal come the autumn.

On the visits that I had already payed for; I've written to both attractions and asked if a refund will be forthcoming, if we are unable to travel. We'll see what they come back with.

Apart from that, there's very little to report, though I am starting to look at our 2022 tour, Italy.

That's all for this update.

The last time in Italy. Torrential rain, Lake Garda.


1 comment:

  1. BA offered only a voucher when I asked for a refund on Friday's airfare. Bounced to travel agents. Get half back!

    ReplyDelete