Sunday 26 January 2020

Be Prepared

A phrase usually associated with the Scouts movement. Funny that, considering I did no more than two cubs evenings, before deciding I hated it and locked myself in the bathroom, so as to avoid having to go!

I do like to be prepared though and really enjoy the forward planning of these tours. I could never just ride into a place and hope to find a room for the night. Oh no, that's why on my tours, we know exactly where we are staying, where we are going to fill up with fuel, what attractions we are going to stop at and sometimes, even where we are going to eat. It seems to work pretty well too, just ask Grizzly.

On this particular tour, more than others I've done, there are a lot of attractions that it is best to book in advance, otherwise, we run the risk of not being able to gain entry or at the very least, not being able to get on an English speaking tour. It is this aspect of the tour I have been concentrating on recently.

Not wishing to give the game away too much, I have already pre-booked four things; two in Poland, one in Czechia and one in Croatia. The first two I'm quite pleased with, those being English speaking tours, as neither my Polish, nor Czech language skills are any good, i.e. they are non existent. I've still got another few things to book up, including a ferry in Croatia but they can't be done sooner than 10 - 12 weeks in advance. One of the good and frankly unexpected things, is that I'm not having to pay up front to make all these bookings. OK, I've paid for two but I think all the other tours are payable when you turn up. I'm not sure there are many places in this country you could book a place and not have to pay until you arrive.

It's fair to say, I've not entirely finished running through the itinerary yet, so there may even be some more stuff to book up. We shall see.

That's all for this update. Keep watching, keep following.



No comments:

Post a Comment