Monday 2 September 2019

Official Launch

Welcome everybody to the official launch of the Wild Hogs 2020 tour, The Blink and You'll Miss It Tour.

Why call it that, I hear you ask. A few possible names went through my mind but I thought they might give the game away, about where we are going to visit and what we are going to see, so I thought I'd come up with something pretty obscure, which although it will require some explanation, won't really spoil any of the 'surprises' along the way.

So here's the explanation. During our trip, we shall pass through 14 countries. One of those countries is so tiny, that we shall only be riding through it for about 5 miles, hence, blink and you'll miss it. In less time than it takes Grizzly, a.k.a. Dick for this tour, to fill up the Shadslow's mozzie bladder sized fuel tank, we shall ride from one border, to the other! At least we'll have insurance cover for those 5 miles though, something we wouldn't have, if I'd stuck to the original plan to ride through Bosnia-Herzegovina.

The tour will last 31 days, the same as this year's Whespana tour and will be undertaken at the same time, i.e. June/July. Hopefully, we'll be blessed with similar weather as this year but given where we are going, I'm prepared to bet now that it rains at least once!

The blog contains all the usual links (not all of them working yet), so my regular readers will find it all too familiar. As always, sign up for email updates, if you want to follow the journey and don't forget to acknowledge (i.e. subscribe) the email that you get as a result. No subscribe, no blog emails. Simples!

That'll do for now.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Woody. I am not allowed to say your name for this trip. There maybe ladies and young kids reading it.

    ReplyDelete